Airfal joins the #PorElClima Community and thus maintains its commitment to the fight against climate change. This community is made up of more than 14,400 companies, administrations, NGOs and individuals who have committed themselves to fighting climate change, within the framework of Sustainable Development Goal 13.
Airfal International maintains its commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility and goes one step further in environmental matters through its membership of the Community #ForClimate.
This voluntary society is a national initiative that brings together individuals, companies, organizations and public administrations that are committed to fighting climate change always following the guidelines set out in the Paris Agreement. The #ForClimate community focuses on working towards Sustainable Development Goal 13: Climate Action. This ODS aims to take urgent action to combat climate change and its effects.
This community was born out of the impulse of important organizations and institutions, such as the Red Cross, the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries or the Spanish Global Compact Network, among others.
Respect for the environment is one of the three basic pillars on which Airfal’s Corporate Social Responsibility is based, which also includes the work-life balance of the employees and social inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities through work.
Airfal’s Commitment with the Environment
For years, Airfal has been working to fight climate change through different actions that are being developed and are growing hand in hand with the company.
- Consuming products and raw materials from recycled materials. Airfal favours the circular economy, since all the plastic material that is used to assemble its luminaires, when they are defective, is injected again.
- Optimize the use of paper. Airfal carries out the “Paper 0” plan that seeks to reduce paper consumption in all areas. This is being achieved with actions such as online order management or the telematic sending of invoices. Airfal also reuses all the paper that has already been printed and then shreds it, to send it to the cardboard company that provides the packaging for its products.
- Work with local suppliers. Airfal stands out for manufacturing products in Spain, with Spanish components as far as possible, or European, if no national suppliers are available. Since the company has always prioritized the proximity of suppliers, to establish synergies and two-way collaborations.
- Reducing and optimizing product packaging. Airfal International has optimised the packaging of its products through demand studies that have allowed it to establish minimum units for the purchase and shipment of products.
- Selecting efficient and bioclimatic construction criteria when designing new infrastructures. Airfal is building a new warehouse to which it will move all its facilities. This construction has been carried out with the latest industrial design, to maximize energy and light savings. This construction also achieves the unification of all of the production in a single location, with the consequent energy and CO2 savings that this entails.
- Implementing videoconferencing systems or online meetings. For months, Airfal has eliminated face-to-face meetings with members of the team whose job is outside Zaragoza. In addition, Airfal uses this medium on a regular basis to meet collaborators outside our borders.
- Optimizing logistics systems. The company has a quadrant that optimises the delivery routes of semi-finished material to the external assemblers, as well as the distribution of goods to our customers.
- Promoting the use of train instead of plane in the displacements that are possible. Both the employees of the company, as well as the commercial network, will travel through Spain by train.
- Carry out a mobility survey to find out transport needs and optimise transport routes for passengers, employees and users. After knowing the transport needs of the staff thanks to a mobility survey, Airfal has made the company’s cargo vans available to the team. These have established several routes through Zaragoza in which they pick up workers to go to the company’s main warehouse.
Visit Airfal’s profile in the #PorElClima Community and learn more about their activities in this feld.